Our Cruise Conferences provide a unique, relaxing learning environment.
Our cruises are fun for the entire family. You will never run out of things to do!
Our cruise conferences include everything you need and beyond!
Contemporary Topics in Pharmacy Practice
Continuing Pharmaceutical Education Cruise Conference
on Holland America's ms Ryndam
7 - Night Alaska Cruise on Holland America's ms Ryndam
July 11 - 18, 2003
Continuing Education Program to Alaksa on the ms Ryndam
Physicians - 16 CME - Course Fee $559
16 Contact Hours - ACPE Accreditation - Course Fee $559
RNs, LPNs, and NPs
19 Contact Hours - Course Fee $325
All conferees, their families, and guests must book their cruise within the CEI
meeting group through Continuing Education, Inc./University at Sea® at 800-422-0711
or by registering online
. This ensures our company can provide conference services and complimentary social amenities
to all meeting participants and their guests
. Thank you for your cooperation.
George E. MacKinnon, III, Ph.D, R.Ph., FASHP.
Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice
Center for Advancement of Pharmacy Practice
Midwestern University, Glendale Arizona
Karen J. MacKinnon, R.Ph.
Director of Professional Laboratories and Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences; Midwestern University College of Pharmacy, Glendale, Arizona
Neil J. MacKinnon, Ph.D., R.Ph.
Merck Frosst Chair of Patient Health Management
Assistant Professor, College of Pharmacy and School of Health Services
Dalhousie University, Halifax, N.S. CANADA
One of the books written by our Faculty:
"Introducing . . . Seamless Care - A Pharmcist's Guide to Continuous Care Programs" Click Here
Our staff can assist you with all your travel arrangements.
Pharmacists, Physicians, Pharmacy Technicians
Program Purpose / Objectives
The purpose of this CME activity is to present the clinical applications for newer drug therapies from the viewpoints of both pharmacist and medical practitioner
Please note: The opinions expressed in this program should not be construed as those of the CE provider. The information and views are those of the faculty through clinical practice and professional literature. Portions of this program may include the use of drugs for unlabeled indications. Use of drugs outside of labeling should be considered experimental and participants are advised to consult prescribing information and professional literature.
1. Describe the value provided by new and innovative pharmaceutical products.
2. Describe the patient focused value achieved when pharmacists become actively involved in medication therapy management and patient
3. Describe the treatment strategies for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) including non-pharmacologic and pharmacologic interventions.
4. Discuss the guidelines for managing patients with common lipid abnormalities while recognizing the new emerging risk factors for coronary heart disease (CHD).
5. Analyze several real-life medication errors cases and determine how a continuous quality improvement (CQI) program would deal with each incident.
6. Compare and contrast disease-specific HRQoL instruments and general (generic) HRQoL instruments.
7. Explain how pharmacists are meeting unique needs of patients using various pharmaceutical delivery systems.
8. List common sources for miscommunication in healthcare that can lead to potentially serious medical errors.
9. Identify risk factors and quality indicators for preventable drug-related morbidity in older adults
Click Here for Agenda
Conference Sessions generally take place on days at sea (as itinerary allows), giving you plenty of time to enjoy your meals, evenings and ports of call with your companion, family and friends.
Pharmacy Accreditation: ProCE, Inc. is approved by the the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmaceutical education. This program is acceptable for up to 16 contact hours (1.6 CEUs) in states that recognize ACPE providers. The registration fee covers the cost of CE credits. Statements of credit will be issued within 4-6 weeks of completion of program. Initial release date for all programs 07-12-03.
Accreditation: Continuing Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: Continuing Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Creditstm. Each physician should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Questions? Call us at 800-422-0711.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.
Itinerary and Ports of Call
Inside Cruising (Conference)
Hubbard Glacier (Conference)