14 ACPE Credits
14.0 Contact Hours
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- These topics will address current knowledge, skills and management strategies to treat the following entities:
- Update in Type 2 Diabetes Management
- Cardiovascular Disease in Women
- Travel Medicine-Staying Healthy on the Road and Sea
- Nutrition for the Primary Care Provider
- Communication Topics:
These topics will present knowledge, communication skills and strategies to address the following concerns:
- Patient Experience: What do patients desire most in their physician?
- The Difficult Patient Encounter: Successful Navigation
- Leadership and Team building will address team outcomes and healthcare team performance.
Skills and strategies to improve Healthcare team performance and team outcomes will be discussed with this topic:
- Connecting Team Members to Joy, Appreciation and Gratitude.
- Update in Type 2 Diabetes
- Identify and utilize the current American Diabetes Association Guidelines for the management of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Describe parameters to treat patients with Type 2 Diabetes.
- Cardiovascular Disease in Medicine
- Recognize the differences in presentation and diagnosis of cardiovascular disease in men and women.
- Identify differences in treatment including medication, procedures and rehabilitation.
- Nutrition for the Primary Care Physician
- Describe basic nutrition guidelines.
- Describe different diets and eating patterns.
- Determine the relationship of diet, illness and diseases.
- Patient Experience: What do Patients Desire in Their Physician
- Determine the knowledge of ones own role and those of other professions to appropriately assess and address the health care needs of patients and to promote and advance the health of populations.
- Recognize qualities patients desire most in their physicians and healthcare providers
- Determine the association between patient experience and excellent communication with safety and outcomes.
- Apply basic communication skills to improve patient experience.
- Travel Medicine-Staying Healthy on the Land and Sea
- Define recommendations for travel abroad.
- Describe CDC's recommendations for travelers.
- Demonstrate ability to use travel medicine resources such as the CDC site .
- Manage common illnesses associated with travel (Malaria, Motion sickness, viral illnesses).
- The Difficult Patient Encounter
- Communicate with patients, families, communities, and professionals in health and other fields in a responsive and responsible manner that supports a team approach to the promotion and maintenance of health and the prevention and treatment of disease.
- Describe factors that lead to difficult patient encounters.
- Give personal examples of difficult patient encounters.
- Discover and utilize new skills to help manage difficult encounters and improve satisfaction and joy in the practice of medicine.
- Connecting Team Members to Joy, Appreciation and Gratitude
Additional topics under development
- Integrate with individuals of other professions to maintain a climate of mutual respect and shared values.
- Apply relationship-building values and the principles of team dynamics to perform effectively in different team roles.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.