Course Fees:$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Resolving an Unexpected Medical Outcome using a team approach
- Apply two models for disclosing an unexpected medical outcome: when care is reasonable or when care is unreasonable.
- Diabetes self-management: the key to a successful outcome
- Define the key skills needed to support a clinician as a change agent in coaching patients to self-manage their condition.
- Transitioning from Cure to Care in chronic disease management
- Identify and use a model for documenting the continuum of care for patients being following by a retired nurse volunteer.
- The Electronic Health Record - a challenge or an opportunity
- Define the challenges that occur when using an electronic health record and 3 skills to overcome these challenges.
- Patient Safety: Strategies and tools to promote patient safety and improve clinical performance
- Reasons to improve safety in the medical practice, including the role of leadership.
- Motivational Interviewing
- Demonstrate communication techniques used in motivational interviewing
- Working in Highly Functioning Teams
- Diabetes 2019 Update
- Update on Communication Skills
- Describe new communication tools used when interviewing patients
- Define Burnout
- Relate techniques to manage burnout in oneself and others
- The Neuroscience of Anger and the Angry Encounter
- Describe new concepts in the neuroscience of anger
- Demonstrate use of a communication tool to mitigate anger in oneself and others
- Navigating Difficult Conversations
- Manage conversations when they become difficult
- Advanced Care Planning & End of Life
- Describe the differences in ACP & EOL
- Explain ACP & EOL to patients and families
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.