21 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
21.0 Contact Hours
7½ Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$1095 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Doctors of Pharmacy, & Dentists
$850 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurses, Residents, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Update Adult Vaccines
- List vaccine preventable infections and their burden
- List appropriate vaccines for adults; List strategies to increase uptake of adult vaccines
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- List the benefits of stewardship
- List interventions to improve antibiotic use
- Update Respiratory Infections (RTIs)
- List common pathogens of RTIs
- List appropriate diagnosis and treatment of RTIs
- Update UTIs
- Describe the difference of asymptomatic bacteriuria from symptomatic UTI
- List appropriate antibiotics for UTIs
- Update STDs
- List appropriate Diagnosis and therapy of common STDs
- Emerging Infections
- Define and list recent emerging infections
- Know how to manage a patient with Zika
- List criteria for pandemic
- Infectous Disease Pearls
- Describe management of common examples of infectious diseases
- Case Discussions for 2 hours
- Understand nuances of treating infectious disease cases
- Update TB and Lyme:Another presentation of Bone and Joint infections
- List criteria for differentiating latent from active TB
- Know who to interpret Lyme tests and treat stages of Lyme
- List manifestations of osteomyelitis
- New antimicrobial agent review and antimicrobial prophylaxis for prevention of endocarditis
- The purpose of the lectures is to provide up-to-date and evidenced-based information regarding the diagnosis, management, and prevention of various infectious diseases that are clinically relevant to the practicing physician.
- After attending the presentations, attendees will have a better understanding of appropriate adult vaccines and diagnositc and therapeutic principles to provide better care for patients with infections.
- Intra-abdominal infections and diverticulitis
- Describe the approach to intra-abdominal infections and select appropriate antimicrobial therapy
- Infectious issues in patients receiving TNF inhibitors
- Review mechanism of action of TNF-alpha inhibitors
- List infections associated with these agents
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Recite common pathogens associated with skin infections.
- Utilize appropriate antimicrobial therapy based on exam.
- C. difficile and other diarrheas
- Recite common challenging aspects of treating diarrhea in the era of C. difficile infection.
- Infectious disease image and word association
- Recall specific infectious diseaes based on keywords and/or images
- Infectious Risks in International Travelers
- Recite commonly encountered diseases associated with international travel. Identify necessary items to bring for international travel
- Update in HIV and HCV
- Describe testing and interpretation of diagnostics for HIV and HCV. Summarize treatment for HIV and HCV.
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.