21 ACPE Credits
21 (part II) MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program
21.0 Contact Hours
11 Hours of Pharmacology for NPs
Course Fees:$1095 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$850 for Physician Assistants
$850 for Nurse Practitioners
$695 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Obese patient: root cause analysis and approach to treatment from lipidologist perspective
- Identify medical factors, medication, insulin resistance as secondary causes of obesity and approach to work up.
- Discuss how diet, genomics, microbiome and environmental factors influence the treatment of obese patients.
- Review new medications FDA approved for treament of obesity
- Diabetes medications and new Treatment options, including Cardiovascular outcomes data
- Review approach to treatment of diabetes, including discussion new cardiovascular outcomes data for GLP 1 agonists, SGT2 inh, Quick release bromocriptine
- Biomarkers: Role of Apo B, lp (a), LDL-P vs LDL -C in primary and secondary prevention cardiovascular disease, also inflammation and role in women's cv health
- Discuss outcomes data for Apo B, LDL P and cost effective approach to treatment of residual risk
- Describe concept of concordance and discordance of DLL cholesterol vs LDL particles or Apo B and clinical application
- Management of complex dyslipidemia including Lowering triglycerides and raising HDL Cholesterol, does it matter?
- Review lipid treatment guidelines
- Review clinical impact of HDL c raising trials including AIM HIGH and HPS 2thrive
- Review of TG lowering therapies and outcome data
- Discuss new LDL lowering therapies including PCSK9 inhibitors
- Case studies in cardiometabolic disease: focus on women throughout lifespan
- Review treatment of genetic disorders in women of childbearing age, children and adolescents, Postmenopausal women
- Learn specific clinical applications through use of real case
- Polycystic ovarian Syndrome
- Review the cardiometabolic risks related to PCOS, approach to treament of symptoms and CV prevention
- Microbiome Role in metabolic health
- Discuss role of microbiome in health and disease across the lifespan including mode of delivery (c section vs vaginal), use of antiobiotics, dietary choices
- Supplements for disease prevention: omega 3, vit D, folate
- Discuss data behind use of supplements, and role of deficienies in chronic disease.
- Discuss impact of MTHFR on womens health and supplementation
- Preventive Medcine From A to Z
- Discuss state-of-the-art cardiovascular and global preventative medicine principles
- Reaching the 2018 Blood Pressure Goals--A Focus on Isolated Systolic and Resistant Hypertension
- Differentiate methods to diagnose resistant hypertension and achieve treatment goals
- The Impact of Recent Clinical Trials on Preventative Cardiology in the Office-Let's Make the Cardiologist as Lonely as the Maytag Repairman
- Appropriately apply primary and secondary cardiovascular prevention goals
- Travel Medicine-Staying Well Away From Home
- Analyze a patient's requirements for prevention and treatment of travel-related health problems
- The Bipolar Blues, Balls of Fire, and Bad Temperament - How to Bag the Diagnosis and Benefit the Patient
- Feel more confident in differentiating between unipolar and bipolar mood disorders
- The Utility of Heart Scans for Detecting Subclinical CHD and the Primary Prevention of Coronary Heart Disease
- Utilize coronary artery calcium scores to design appropriate primary CHD prevention strategies
- Defeating Dementia - What Can WE Do?
- Explain diagnostic, treatment, and prevention strategies for Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementia
- Male Osteoporosis-A Case Study of Weak Struts, Linoleum, Rice Cakes, and 8 Clicks
- Integrate knowledge regarding the diagnosis and treatment of male osteoporosis
- Is Something FISHY Here? The FACTS about Marine Oils and Cardiovascular Disease Prevention
- Understand omega-3 fatty acids and their possible role in disease prevention
- Carotid and Abdominal Ultrasounds for Detecting Subclinical Carotid Artery Disease and Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms-Does it Make a Difference
- Utilize the clinical values of detecting and treating subclinical carotid artery disease and aortic vascular disease
We can assist you with all your travel arrangements. We'd be happy to help you plan your flights, hotels or tours before and/or after your cruise conference.