14 ACPE Credits
14.0 Contact Hours
Course Fees:$895 for Physicians, Attorneys, Psychologists, Pharmacists, & Dentists
$695 for Physician Assistants
$695 for Nurse Practitioners
$495 for Nurses, Students & Others
BIAS FREE CME - No Commercial Support was provided for this CME activity.
- Optimizing Results through Teamwork
- Apply the characteristics of successful teams and tools to build teamwork and improve outcomes
- Describe how teamwork can improve chronic disease metrics
- List and explain stages of team formation
- Preparing Your Patients for a Successful Transition to their Golden Years
- Improve the wellness of the elder patients seen
- Address preventive measures for elder patients
- Provide appropriate medication management for the elderly
- Improve communication strategies in discussing advance directives with patients
- Medical Error Reduction: Optimizing Outcomes and Patient Safety
- Discuss types of medical errors that can result in increased morbidity and mortality
- Minimize potential cognitive error risks to result in improved outcomes and patient safety
- Explain how diagnosis momentum can result in medical errors
- Travel Medicine: Prevention Goes International
- Discuss the scope of US travelers abroad
- Assess appropriately the medical risk to the traveler
- List commonly needed Immunizations for travelers
- Implement helpful travel preventative treatments
- Utilize travel medicine related website resources
- Optimizing Patient Safety - Appropriate Opioid Prescribing
- Appropriately evaluate a patient for Chronic Pain
- Utilize general guidelines for prescribing Controlled Substances / Opioids, including the 2016 Centers for Disease Control guidelines
- Implement the use of multiple modalities in managing chronic pain
- Explain the added risks when prescribing opioids more than 100 mg / day Morphine Milligram Equivalent (MME)
- Implement strategies to improve patient safety and compliance with guidelines in prescribing opioids and other Controlled Substances
- Abdominal Pain Considerations
- The clinician will be able to recognize the likely diagnosis and apply that knowledge to management plans.
- Exercise in Pregnancy
- The clinician with propose appropriate exercise for the pregnant patient.
- Marine injury and how to code it with ICD10.
- The clinician will be able to conclude the proper code based on knowledge of injury.
- Sports Head and Heart Issues
- The clinician will be able to diagnose a concussion and recognize the common athletic heart issues.
- Pap smear
- Pap smear, when and how often?
- Thyroid Considerations
- The clinician will be able to confidently diagnose and devise treatment and follow-up for abnormal thyroid tests.
- USPSTF Recommendations and Overview
- The clinician will be able to translate evidence based recommendations into a patient management plan.