Dr. George Y. Wu is a Professor of Medicine, Chief of the Hepatology Section, and holds the Herman Lopata Chair in Hepatitis Research at the University of Connecticut Health Center.
He has been a pioneer of targeted delivery of biological substances including genes, and mitochondria specifically to hepatocytes. He has received an American Gastroenterological Association/Industry Research Scholar Award, American Liver Foundation Research Prize, AGA-Gastroenterology Research Group Young Scientist Award, was elected a Fellow of the AGA, and the American Association for the Study of liver Diseases.
He was elected to the American Society for Clinical Investigation, Association of American Physicians, the National Academy of Inventors, and was a Fulbright Specialist. He has published more than 160 articles, edited 13 books and is editor-in-chief of the Journal of Clinical and Translational Hepatology, and senior associate editor of the Journal of Digestive Diseases.
Previously Participated On:
- Topics in Gastroenterology, Hepatology, & Adult and Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Hepatology
- Topics in Cardiology, Gastroenterology, and Hepatology
- Updates in Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Rheumatology
- Topics in Gastroenterology, Hepatology, ENT, and Sleep Medicine
- Updates in Hospital Medicine & Gastroenterology and Diseases of the Liver